Monday 5 March 2012

Happy Half Birthday my precious baby!

I cant believe it..............



Our beautiful baby is 6 months old today.

In the pictures above she is minutes old , im trying to work out where the past six months have gone!

As i type away here one handed she is snuggled in to me sleeping peacefully.

I was lucky enough to get to hold a 4 week old baby yesterday , and it scared me just how fast the time has gone since Eva was a newborn.


Iv learnt a lot this past year or so.
Iv learnt to slow down,
Iv learnt that i can and should allow others to do things to help.
I'm not such a tidy freak
And iv learnt to be less of a control freak.

Eva is developing well.Shes probably the smallest of all our children , if i was to make a comparison of them all at 6months of age, but she is strong and very happy.she is strong enough to stand holding on to our hands, she can sit for a minute or so unaided and has got the knack of rolling the whole way over.I don't think it will be long before the commando crawl is achieved!




She has laughs and giggles for us all, dances when she hearsmusic, gives kisses to mummy and  can say dad, dad, dad! She also loves to splash in the bath.

I cant often go out without some one telling me hoe cute or gorgeous she is....and well, i have to agree!

She likes to be cuddled  ...right now although shes asleep if i was to place her down away from the comfort of my arms she would wake.
Shes happy to be cuddled and played with by her sisters, brother and daddy but shes mostly content to be in my arms.

Shes not a great fan of her pram ...preferring to be carried close in the sling.

She sleeps in bed with us and still often feeds throughout the night.

She pins mummy to the sofa for feedstock sessions when i should be making dinner for the rest of the family.

She insists on cuddles when mummy has a mountain of washing to do and the house is a mess.

BUT

She is so beautiful and precious , and IF shes too be our last baby i want to savour each moment.

So when i sit surrounded by dirty plates that need to be put in the dishwasher, dirty clothes that need to be put in the washing machine, crumbs that need to be hoovered, floors that need to be moped.
I think of this poem .......

    Song for a Fifth Child

      by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
    Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
    Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
    Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
    Sew on a button and make up a bed.
    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
    She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
    Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
    (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
    (Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
    The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
    And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
    But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
    Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
    (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

    The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
    So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.


Its so lovely ..............And Eva is our fifth child!

I look at our children and am so shocked at how fast time seems to have flown by .Its at times like these id like a pause button or perhaps even a rewind!

I will have years ahead of me to have a spotless house but before i know it little Eva will be grown and if shes any thing like her sisters she will be very independent to.





No comments:

Post a Comment