Sunday 29 November 2015

Advent ring and verse

This year I'm trying a different approach with our advent wreath.

Normally on the first weekend of advent we would go out and collect holly and evergreens and I would make a wreath.

This year I came across a beautiful verse attributed to Rudolph Steiner.

"The first light of Advent is the light of stones .Light that lives in crystals; seashells and bones.

The second light of Advent is the light of plants.
Plants that reach up to the sun and in breezes dance.

The third light of Advent is the light of beasts.
All await the birth; from the greatest to the least.

The fourth light of Advent is the light of humankind .
The light of hope that we may learn and understand.

I wrote the verse out and added a water colour spiral for background colour .I placed it in the centre of our birthday ring which holds a candle for each Sunday of Advent.

Charlie kindly adorned the first candle (the light of stones) with his special collection of stones and I added Eva's special stone -one that has been in and out of her coat pocket for at least two weeks-one that she held to grandads ear so he could hear the sea!

We will add new elements each week.

I like the idea of everything on earth ;whether it be mineral ;plant; animal or human; all awaiting the birth of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment